10 Nutrition Strategies
1. Focus on getting a variety of foods each day
2. Eat vegetables in a variety of colors: green, orange, yellow, etc
3. Avoid extra fats, such as putting butter on foods.
4. Eat regularly, 4 to 6 meals a day, to avoid binge eating out of hunger.
Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner w/two snacks in between every 3 hrs
5. Plan your meals so you have good things to eat when it's time to eat.
6. Don't eat at the first sign of hunger; wait 15 to 30 minutes to see if the hunger passes.
7. Stop eating at meals before you feel full. It takes a while for your brain to receive the message that the stomach is full.
8. Eat meals beginning with fruits and vegetables, followed by meats and protein sources, and eat breads last. This ensures that you will fill up on the most nutrient-rich foods first.
9. Drink fruit and vegetable juices. The fiber and fructose will make you feel full while supplying your body with valuable nutrients.
10. Stick to whole-grain breads rather than white breads made with refined flour.